About the Launceston Chamber
The Launceston Chamber of Commerce was formed in 1849 and is the oldest Chamber in Australia.
The Launceston Chamber of Commerce is committed to supporting a dynamic business community to achieve sustainable economic prosperity for Launceston and the region.
In pursuit of this vision The Launceston Chamber of Commerce will
- Act as independent voice for business
- Foster innovation and promote growth
- Be pro-active and professional
- Value its members and respond to their needs
- Work collaboratively with our partners
- Provide strong leadership and independent thinking
- Provide lobbying, business support, networking and information for members
- Focus on growth opportunities across industries;
- Enhance strategic alliances and partnerships
- Foster industry and business innovation
- Improved planning and land use outcomes
- Improve regional infrastructure
- Collect and disseminate information on matters of importance to businesses in the region;
- Create an effective networking and referral service for members.
Success will be measured by the ability of the Launceston Chamber to provide effective lobbying, information, referral and associated services that benefit an increasing membership and the region.
Chamber BrochureThe Chamber has recently produced a new brochure, copies of which are available from our office. Alternatively you can view the brochure on line here.
We are fortunate to have a place like Launceston to enjoy and participate in the unique lifestyle.
Garry Bevan - Veolia Environmental Services